|Job Title||MDS Coordinator|
|Location||Granada Hills, CA|
|Shifts hiring||Full-time, Days|
The purpose of your job position is to conduct and coordinate the development and completion of the resident assessment in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards that govern the facility, and as directed by management.
The MDS Coordinator/RN will treat each resident with kindness, dignity and respect. They will knock before entering each resident’s room. They will refer to each resident by their name. They will be courteous to families and visitors. They will maintain a positive and calm disposition. They will communicate clearly, empathetically, and effectively when speaking to residents, family members, visitors, staff and any governmental agency personnel. They will make sound independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action. They will work cooperatively with all departments and multidisciplinary teams. They will demonstrate patience, initiative and willingness to assist residents that may be difficult. They will relate all pertinent information concerning a resident’s condition to a charge nurse when required. They will be committed to always doing the right thing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordination of RAI process including completion of MDS, CAA’s and development of a comprehensive care plan of each resident as needed following RAI guidelines and facility policies.
- Ensuring resident care plan is being followed by interdisciplinary team and monitoring their progress to ensure compliance with MDS process
- Completing medical forms, charts, and reports in an accurate and timely manner
- Assisting DON/ADON or supervisors
- Understanding long-term care reimbursement process including PDPM, Managed Care and Medicaid, triple check, etc.
- Participation in scheduling of resident care conferences
- Participating in the QAPI process
- Monitoring Quality Care Indicators
- Carrying out quality improvement initiatives
- Abiding with all facility policies and procedures including not disclosing user ID codes and passwords
- Reporting any occupational exposures to blood, body fluids, or other hazardous materials to a supervisor immediately
- Participating in facility surveys (inspections) when required and assisting with plan of corrections as well as follow up.
- Attending meetings and serving on committee’s as requested
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, it in no way states or implies these are the only duties you will be required to perform as directed by management. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is an essential function of the position.
Education / Licensure
RN Nursing Degree or LVN from accredited school or college
Valid RN or LVN license in good standing
Valid CPR and BLS card
Qualifications / Experience
Minimum of 1 year of skilled nursing experience preferred
Must be able to speak, read, write and comprehend the English language
Ability to use computer/tablet to enter resident data
Proficiency with PCC a plus
May encounter frequent interruptions
May be involved with residents, family and government agencies
May be requested to work beyond scheduled working hours at times
May be exposed to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc., including TB and the AIDS and Hepatitis B viruses
Must be able to move intermittently throughout the day
Working throughout the nursing areas
Repetitive hand motion
Ability to read fine print on tablet, progress notes and/or medical labels